[ACT-R-users] Running ACT-R on GNU/Linux

CW Dillon cdillon2 at masonlive.gmu.edu
Sun Feb 24 17:50:32 EST 2013

I thought I'd share a little shell script that I came up with to run ACT-R
6 under Linux with the GUI, in case anybody else wants to do that.

My approach follows the procedures set out in the ACT-R 6 readme. To make
it work, I made a few changes to my system:
1. I installed Clozure Common Lisp (CCL) [1] instead of the more typical
Common Lisp (CLISP), following their instructions for setting the path, etc
2. I saved ACT-R6 into a directory where I put code ~/Code/actr6
3. I created a copy of the 'load-act-r-6' startup script by adding a new
line at the bottom that calls the '(start-environment)'
4. Then I wrote a little bash script [2] that performs the readme steps in
the right order so that I only have to call a single file to have my ACT-R
and the Tcl/Tk GUI, too

[1] http://ccl.clozure.com/
[2] https://gist.github.com/usuallycwdillon/5025926

R,