[ACT-R-users] Research Assistant (f/m): Cognitive Modelling of Human-Machine Interaction on Ship Bridges

Andreas Luedtke andreas.luedtke at offis.de
Tue Dec 3 07:52:24 EST 2013

---- Apologies for multiple postings ----

Opening of a Research Assistant Position (f/m) at OFFIS: Cognitive
Modelling of Human-Machine Interaction on Ship Bridges

Research Assistant on full-time basis
The OFFIS Research Division Transportation (www.offis.de) has an open
position for a research assistant on a full-time basis available
immediately. The position is for 3 years with an optional extension up to
5 years.

You will work in a national German Project in the Maritime domain with
leading scientists in the field of Human-Machine Interaction and with
experts from the Maritime Industry. One objective of the project is to use
human models of seafarers within a human-machine simulation environment to
simulate interaction between seafarers, port operators and advanced
e-navigation systems. You will perform research work in the field of
cognitive modelling of seafarers’ decision making processes based on an
existing model architecture. You will implement a cognitive modelling
concept into executable program code in order to perform model-based
simulations of various maritime scenarios. The resulting simulation
platform will be applied for assessment of navigation system designs.

Our requirements:
You should be highly motivated and possess the competence to work in a
team. You should enjoy facing interdisciplinary challenges. As an
application-oriented researcher you are interested in communicating and
cooperating with industrial partners.
We expect an outstanding M.Sc. or Diploma in Computer Science, Cognitive
Psychology or a related discipline. Software implementation competence is
required. An interest in, knowledge on and preferably experience with,
either Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Artificial Intelligence, Software
Development and/or Assistance Systems are essential.

What we offer:
OFFIS is located in Oldenburg (north western Germany) - a dynamic
university city with a distinct sense of personality and an unique quality
of life offering many cultural and free time possi¬bilities. Oldenburg is
located near Bremen and Hamburg with the North Sea only few kilometres
away. OFFIS is an institute for information technology with an
international focus. For our employees, we offer a professionally and
socially attractive working environment. As an academic institute, we have
in cooperation with the University excellent opportunities for the
development of professional and personal skills in a scientific
environment. The salary will be dependent on the qualifications and
performance.

Please submit your application incl. the usual documents to:
personal at offis.de and luedtke at offis.de
We are looking forward to meeting you!

YOUR CONTACT:
Dr. Andreas Lüdtke
OFFIS – Institute for Information Technology
Escherweg 2
26121 Oldenburg, Germany
Phone: +49 441 9722-530
Mail: luedtke at offis.de

Best regards,
Andreas Luedtke

--
Dr. Andreas Luedtke
Group Manager

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax.: +49 441 9722-530/-102
E-Mail: luedtke at offis.de