[ACT-R-users] Inter-subject variability in declarative memory (UNCLASSIFIED)

Kelley, Troy D CIV (US) troy.d.kelley6.civ at mail.mil
Wed Jul 11 15:50:15 EDT 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

One parameter to look at as well would be base level noise, or production
utility noise, or both.  I know from my work with neuroscientists that some
individuals have "noiser" brains than other individuals.  This would be
reflected in memory differences and error rates.

Directly simulating the size of working memory might be much more difficult
to achieve, and I am not really sure how to accomplish that. As you suggest,
perhaps decay rates would reflect the amount of information available in
working memory.  So, the slower the rate, the more information in working
memory. Perhaps indirectly related to working memory, you could try
manipulating latency times associated with retrievals?  Faster retrieval
times would free working memory for other tasks.

Troy Kelley
RDRL-HRS-E
Cognitive Robotics and Modeling Team Leader
Human Research and Engineering Directorate
Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
voice: 410-278-5869 or 410-278-6748
fax: 410-278-9523