[ACT-R-users] Post-doc Position @ University of Washington, Seattle

Andrea Stocco stocco at uw.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:00:35 EDT 2011

We are currently looking for a post-doc at the Cognition and Cortical
Dynamics Laboratory at the University of Washington, Seattle.  Below you
can find a description of our lab, the what type of research we are
currently conducting, and our contact information.

The Cognition and Cortical Dynamics Laboratory (CCDL) consists of a
group of researchers interested in better understanding how the brain
changes, or adapts, to deal with the ever present fluctuations in
information processing demands.  Our research on these issues addresses
a set of unifying questions, such as: What are the biological bases of
individual differences in cognitive capabilities?  What are the neural
mechanisms underpinning cognitive flexibility?  The CCDL utilizes
multiple methods and approaches including functional magnetic resonance
imaging (fMRI), biologically constrained computational modeling,
transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), and individual differences
research to collect converging evidence about the biological nature of
human thought.

We are currently actively investigating the neural bases of the
following phenomena: individual differences in language comprehension
abilities, improved executive functioning in bilinguals, and rapid task
(rule) learning.

Candidates with previous experience and/or knowledge of magnetic
resonance imaging (MRI), bilingualism, and/or computational modeling are
especially encouraged to apply. Candidates are expected to have a
demonstrated record of excellent research and scientific writing skills.

Please address questions or send CV, letter of application with research
interests, and contact information for three references to
<csprat at uw.edu>. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with
a flexible start date.

Andrea Stocco
Cognition and Cortical Dynamics Laboratory
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195