[ACT-R-users] Endowed Chair at Penn State

Frank Ritter ritter at ist.psu.edu
Fri Feb 11 09:46:18 EST 2011

This may be of interest, at least I hope it is.

cheers,

Frank

*Announcement: Frymoyer Endowed Chair Professor Position*

*College of Information Sciences and Technology*

*The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA*

The Pennsylvania State University College of Information Sciences and
Technology (IST) is seeking candidates for the position of Frymoyer
Chair. The Frymoyer Chair is a tenured, full professor in the College
of Information Sciences and Technology. The anticipated start date is
Fall

2011 or Spring 2012.

The endowed chair was established in 1999 through a gift of $1.5
million from the Edward J. Frymoyer Foundation. The holder of the
Frymoyer Chair is expected to have a significant impact not only in
the College, but also across multiple disciplines at the University
and in the public and private sectors. Funds from the endowment will
support the chair holder's contributions to instruction, research, and
public service with the overall intent to foster the use, benefits,
and effectiveness of the information sciences around the globe.

The Pennsylvania State University is the land-grant University of the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is comprised of the University Park
campus, where the College is located, and 23 other campuses throughout
the state.

The College was founded in 1998 to develop information science and
technology leaders for the digital, global society, and enrolled its
first class of students in the 1999-2000 academic year. The College at
University Park, which includes 50 full-time faculty, currently serves
approximately 1100 undergraduate students, 110 resident graduate
students, primarily in the Ph.D. program, and 100 non-resident
graduate students in a professional master's degree program. In
addition, the IST undergraduate curriculum is offered at 19 other Penn
State campuses. In January 2004, the College moved into a new 190,000
square foot building on the University Park campus. The building
houses both the College of IST and the Department of Computer Science
and Engineering. To learn more about our structure, vision, mission,
goals, faculty and students, please see http://ist.psu.edu.

We seek a candidate who will provide research leadership as our
College moves forward in its second decade of existence. We have
faculty strengths in: (1) computational informatics and artificial
intelligence;

(2) human computer interaction and cognitive studies; (3) information
systems development/enterprise architecture; (4) security and
informatics; and (5) social policy, economics and informatics. As an
interdisciplinary faculty we collaborate on problems of national
significance. We are particularly interested in candidates with
demonstrated research leadership in cutting edge problem areas such as
infrastructure and internet security and privacy, innovation in web
search, health informatics, network science, social media, and
educational technology. The successful candidate will have a well
defined and sustained record of funded research and accomplishments.

However, we will not limit our search to specific research areas or problems.

Applications from those who seek to be a part of a vibrant, civil and
diverse academic community and who do research and teaching in any of
the information and technology sciences are welcome. Qualified
candidates are invited to send a cover letter with their research
vision, their curriculum vita, as well as names and email addresses of
four persons who will write letters of recommendation to

chairsearch at ist.psu.edu<mailto:chairsearch at ist.psu.edu>

Review of applications will begin February 18, 2011 and continue until the
position is filled. Penn State is committed to affirmative action,
equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. This
announcement is available at http://ist.psu.edu/chairsearch.