[ACT-R-users] SS-RICS tutorial (UNCLASSIFIED)

Kelley, Troy (Civ,ARL/HRED) troy.kelley at us.army.mil
Mon Feb 7 16:50:03 EST 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I thought some ACT-R folks might be interested in this.

We are conducting an SS-RICS tutorial at BRIMS 2011.

http://brimsconference.org/

SS-RICS is the Symbolic and Sub-symbolic Robotic Intelligence Control System.
It is a robotics control system largely based on ACT-R, but with the addition
of neural networks and other statistical techniques for processing perceptual
data.

Currently SS-RICS will control SRV-1 robots

http://www.surveyor.com/SRV_info.html

And Pioneer robots

http://www.mobilerobots.com/researchrobots/researchrobots/pioneerp3dx.aspx

As part of the tutorial you will get a copy of SS-RICS.

BRIMS will be at Sundance, Utah, so bring your skis!

Troy D. Kelley
RDRL-HRS-E
Human Research and Engineering Directorate (HRED)
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen, MD 21005
Phone: 410-278-5869
Fax: 410-278-9523