[ACT-R-users] Motor error in manual module?

Tim Halverson thalverson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:09:00 EST 2011

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any efforts to model keyboard typos resulting from error in manual motor movements in ACT-R?

In a set of data I am currently modeling, participants are punching the wrong key in about 3% of the trials, and in the majority of these cases they are (presumably) accidentally punching an adjacent key. I do not need a high-fidelity account of such errors, but I do not want to ignore these errors. Any pointers to previous ACT-R models, or other models, that account for such errors would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Halverson