[ACT-R-users] Using act-cv....

Marc Halbrügge marc.halbruegge at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 04:37:11 EDT 2010

> I'm trying to use act-cv with act-r.
> Also, I checked the act-cv-demo.lisp which is delivered --> no
> problem!
> and I wanted to use a part of the act-cv-demo.lisp. Thus the following
> part was copied and pasted into a new lisp file.
>
> ; load CFFI
> (pushnew (pathname (concatenate 'string (directory-namestring
> *load-truename*) "cffi/")) asdf:*central-registry*)
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'cffi)
> ; load ACT-CV
> (load (concatenate 'string (directory-namestring *load-truename*)
> "act-cv-device/act-cv-dev.lisp"))
> (load (concatenate 'string (directory-namestring *load-truename*)
> "act-cv-device/act-cv-test.lisp"))
>
> and compile !!!
> --> an error is occurred! " component "cffi" not found "

ACT-CV depends on cffi. It's not an ACT-R issue

from the docs (http://act-cv.sourceforge.net/docs/)

> ACT-CV depends on the CFFI package, which is available for all major
> Lisps. This way, ACT-CV is not bound to a single flavor of Lisp. After
> having loaded CFFI, you can load the file "act-cv-dev.lisp" from the
> actr-device directory of the distribution. There is a sample ACT-R
> model in "act-cv-test.lisp" in the same directory that demonstrates
> how ACT-CV works.

The ACT-CV windows installer already contains cffi. If you want to use
that with your personal Lisp of choice, you have to include the path to
cffi in your ASDF registry. This may help:
http://common-lisp.net/~mmommer/asdf-howto.shtml

If you're working from the sources, get CFFI here:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/

Best,
Marc