[ACT-R-users] ICCM Workshop and dinner

John Anderson ja+ at cmu.edu
Wed May 19 22:01:57 EDT 2010

Colleagues:

Below is a tentative schedule for the ACT-R workshop on the day
before ICCM (Thurs, August 5).  It looks like an interesting set of
presentations that will help us keep up to date on what is new in the
wide world of ACT-R.  We also want to have plenty of opportunity for
interaction among members of the ACT-R community.   In addition to
the break times, to facilitate this communication goal we would like
to host an ACT-R dinner which will begin at 7 PM at a local
restaurant.  This invitation is not just to people who intend to
attend the tutorial but all members of the ACT-R community.

Please come and please let us know as soon as possible whether you
will.   The restaurant will allow for a somewhat larger number than
attended the comparable ICCM dinner in Ann Arbor in 2007 and so we
hope capacity will not be an issue -- but letting us know sooner will
help assure your place at the table.  Please send a reply to both me
and Jennifer Ferris (jlferris at andrew.cmu.edu) but NOT to the act-r
user mailing list.

Hope to see you in Philadelphia,
John

8:45-9:00    John Anderson:  Welcome
9:-9:45   Dan Bothell: What's New in ACT-R 6.0
9:45:10:15 CogTool: A tool for interface design and ACT-R research.

10:15:10:45  Break

10:45-11:15 Frank Ritter: Building learning models quickly that do a
non-iterative task
11:15-11:45 David Reiter: Hands-on with ACT-UP, a Cognitive Toolbox
for Scalable
			Models
11:45-12:15 Jelmer Borst: Using cognitive models to analyze fMRI data

12:15-1:00   Lunch

1:00-1:30  Wayne Gray:  Space Fortress: An Overview
1:30-2:00   Marc Destefano:  Modeling Space Fortress
2:00-2:30   Dan Bothell: Modeling Space Fortress

2:30-3:00  Break

3:00-3:45   Christian Lebiere: Softening representations for model
reuse and generality
3:45-4:30   Dario Salvucci: Cognitive Supermodels

4:30-4:45  Pause

4:45-????  John Anderson:  The future of ACT-R in the post-John era

John R. Anderson
Richard King Mellon Professor
of Psychology and Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University