[ACT-R-users] For the ACT-R community: An Online Database of ACT-R Parameters

Wong, John jwong at mpib-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Jul 19 06:31:18 EDT 2010

Dear ACT-R modelers,

We created an online database about ACT-R models that we want to share with all ACT-R modelers.
[Wong, T. J., Cokely, E. T., & Schooler, L. J. (2010). An online database of ACT-R parameters: Towards a transparent community-based approach to model development. In D. D. Salvucci & G. Gunzelmann (Eds.), Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Cognitive Modeling (pp. 282-286). Philadelphia, PA: Drexel University.]

The database can be accessed through the URL:
http://www-abc.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/actrdb/

Internet-interface of this database was tested and should work with the latest versions of most of the popular browsers, such as Firefox 3+, Safari 4, Internet Explorer 8+, and Opera.

It provides information of ACT-R parameters and serves four basic functions:
1. Monitoring how frequently parameters are modified.
2. Obtaining parameter means, medians and distributions.
3. Searching the keyword descriptions of ACT-R studies in the database.
4. Collecting fields of study and other information related to ACT-R parameter estimations.

Through this database, we hope to provide the ACT-R community an interface to interact with each other. Please feel free to try out the database to query studies and estimated values for ACT-R parameters. Also, please also feel free to try out the function to submit your modeling parameters: by pressing the 'Submit' button you will be guided through a step-by-step procedure to submit your modeling parameters.

We would be grateful if you can also provide feedback or bug reports about any functions that the database may provide.

Please feel free to try it out and send us questions and comments about the database. Also, please do try out submitting some of your ACT-R modeling studies and the estimated parameters. If you encounter any problem during the process of submitting your entry, I am very happy to help you out. Thank you very much.

Best,

John Wong, Edward Cokely, and Lael Schooler