[ACT-R-users] European ACT-R Spring School and Workshop: Call for Abstracts / Registration

Hedderik van Rijn hedderik at van-rijn.org
Thu Jan 28 17:50:17 EST 2010

European ACT-R Spring School and Workshop
Organizers: Niels Taatgen and Hedderik van Rijn
University of Groningen, Netherlands
April 12-17, 2010

ACT-R is a cognitive theory and simulation system for developing cognitive models for tasks that vary from simple reaction time paradigms to driving a car and air traffic control. In most years, a summer school and workshop are organized at Carnegie Mellon University for training and discussion of the theory. This year, CMU will only host a summer school, no multi-day workshop is planned. Instead, there will be a two day ACT-R workshop in Europe in the spring that follows a four-day spring school.

Spring School

The spring school will take place from Monday April 12 to Thursday April 15. After an earlier call for applications, we have selected a group of 14 students for a "traditional summer school curriculum", and in additional 6 researchers will join us to work on their own projects during the week.

European ACT-R Workshop

The European ACT-R workshop will take place from Friday April 16 to Saturday April 17.  Both days will be devoted to research presentations, each lasting about 20 minutes plus questions. Participants are invited to present their ACT-R research by submitting a title and abstract with their registration. Given that this is the first European ACT-R workshop, we would also like to invite research groups to present themselves. What we have in mind is a presentation focussed on the general themes covered by the group rather than on the details of specific studies. Aim of these presentations is to get to know what other groups are working on, or planning to work on, and to start or facilitate cooperation between research groups.

Admission to the workshop is open to all. The early registration fee is Euro 100 and the late registration fee (after March 12) is Euro 150. Requests for presentations should be submitted before February 28 to receive full consideration for inclusion in the workshop program.  A preliminary program of presentations will be made available early March. If, because of travel plans, an earlier decision about a submission is required, please contact us.

Housing

We have reserved a block of rooms in the University Guest House. Details on reserving a room will be sent upon registration.

Registration

To register for the Workshop, please send the filled out registration form in an email to Hedderik van Rijn (hedderik at van-rijn.org).

Registration Form

First European ACT-R Workshop

April 16-17, 2010 at University of Groningen, The Netherlands

Name:

Address:

Affiliation:

Tel/Fax:

Email:

Registration fee:

On or before March 12: 	100 Euro  ...
After March 12:  		150 Euro  ...

Details on how to transfer the registration fee will be sent after registration. Non-European participants can pay the registration fee at the start of the workshop.

Presentation topic / title (optional abstract: please attach a PDF):