[ACT-R-users] Model of writing

Michael Carl mc.isv at cbs.dk
Wed Aug 25 12:02:28 EDT 2010

Thank's Dan!
yes, you are right one would have to take into account the hands-to-home
overhead so that the difference of the data and the ACT-R model becomes
only 75/180ms to 200ms (for the "rt" example), which sounds less serious.
Nevertheless, I have also tried to use different fingers in the lisp code which
would type the same sequence, but the 200ms seems to be hard wired. Does that
mean that currently in ACT-R a one-finger typist has the same
performance than a
two finger typist than a 10 finger typist?

I just read on page 293 of the ACT-R manual (section Isa press-key) that you
describe a theory and a learning model for typing, maybe this might
resolve those
problems?

Michael