[ACT-R-users] Model of writing - PS

Bonnie John bej at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 24 18:01:41 EDT 2010

Oh, yeah, more history: when my serial approximation was submitted to a
psychology journal, one of the reviewers called it "evil engineering"
because it perpetuated the myth that typing could be approximated with a
serial model even though videos of people typing clearly show that the
fingers move in parallel. Of course, all models are approximations and
why one is "evil" and one is, what, "angelic"???, I dunno.   ;-)
It got published in that "evil" journal, HCI.
Bonnie