[ACT-R-users] [Re]ACT-R and Visual attention problem

Marc Halbrügge marc.halbruegge at gmx.de
Thu Aug 19 03:23:51 EDT 2010

Hi again,

> My goal is to find an attended area of any picture with endogenous and
> exogenous attention. So, actually I was looking for ways to be
> inputted an image and parse the bitmap. I'm going to try your
> suggestions(All gave me an appropriate information. thanks!!!). If I
> get further information, I'll report it.
>
> *For 2,3 questions
> What i want to know is ....How can the vision module(of the
> act-r) find an attention region ?
>  -> colors different to near area ?  contrast ? disparity ?  and so
> on?
ACT-R does not build a saliency map of the image for you. If this is
what you're looking for, this might be of interest:

Tingting Xu , Thomas Pototschnig , Kolja Kühnlenz , Martin Buss, A
high-speed multi-GPU implementation of bottom-up attention using CUDA,
Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE international conference on Robotics and
Automation, p.1120-1126, May 12-17, 2009, Kobe, Japan

http://www.lsr.ei.tum.de/fileadmin/publications/Xu_2009_ICRA_GPU.pdf

Best,
Marc