[ACT-R-users] 2009 ACT-R Post Graduate School

Richard M Young r.m.young at acm.org
Tue Sep 2 13:05:48 EDT 2008

At 14:59 02/09/2008, Wayne Gray wrote:
>I don't know if it would change anyone thinking, but it is definitely
>the case that CogSci will be starting on Wednesday 7/29 not Thursday
>7/30. As in recent years we expect that there will be a strong program
>of tutorials and workshops on Wednesday. Not everyone goes to these,
>but they have become very popular.

Wayne is absolutely right, and at least according to the ICCM flyer
the same is true of ICCM: tutorials on Thu 23 July, and although I
know nothing of the detailed plans, I imagine it would not be
comfortable to have the ICCM tutorials day overlap with the Act-R PG School.

Time between ICCM and Cog Sci would be very tight.  Even assuming
that it's practical to travel to the Act-R School location on the
Sunday 26 July after ICCM has ended, that still leaves at most around
1.5 days for the School if people are to travel to Amsterdam on Tue
28 in order to attend Cog Sci workshops/tutorials on Wed 29th.

I can see why people from outside the UK and especially from N
America or farther would prefer not to have to extend their European
trip still longer to include an Act-R School before ICCM, so
altogether this looks like a difficult decision. ;-)

~ Richard