[ACT-R-users] Extending chunk types

Chris Sims simsc at rpi.edu
Mon Jun 30 14:43:48 EDT 2008

The dynamic pattern matching functionality in ACT-R 6 allows one to
dynamically extend the chunk-type of chunks currently stored in the
buffers, for example:

(P* sample-production
    =goal>
       ISA goal-chunk
       state =state-name
    ==>
    =goal>
       =state-name 42)

What I am wondering is:  Is there a way to achieve the same thing
(dynamically extending a chunk type) when *creating* chunks on the
right hand side of a production? For example:

(P* sample-production-2
    =goal>
       ISA goal-chunk
       state =state-name
    ==>
    +other-module>
       ISA other-chunk-type
       =state-name 42)

If I try and run a model containing a production like the above, I
get the error:
#|Warning: Invalid slot-name [_____] in call to define-chunk-spec. |#

Is there a way to allow this in ACT-R 6?

Thanks,
-Chris Sims

--
Chris R. Sims
Doctoral Student, Department of Cognitive Science