[ACT-R-users] WN-Lexical question

Emond, Bruno bruno.emond at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 17 12:41:50 EDT 2008

Bruce,
In principle, there is no first or last gloss in the lexicon.
There is just some higher probability that some lexical elements will be
retrieved given a prior context.

In Wn-Lexical, a random selection, a set-difference or a set intersection
constraint can be specified in the retrieval request.
Also, in Wordnet every lexical entry and operator has a synset-id attached
to it. Words having the same synset-ids are synonyms.
This way you can have a constrained retrieval of a specific gloss or word
given a known synset-id.

I have attached to this email a new set of files for the WNLexical module.
In particular, you could have a look at the model find-all-synomyns.lisp as
an example of getting a specific word sense.
More elaborate models could use the hyponyms and hypernyms operators.

Bruno