[ACT-R-users] New tool: ACT-CV

Marc Halbrügge marc.halbruegge at unibw.de
Thu Jan 31 11:39:15 EST 2008

Dear ACT-R users,

we proudly present ACT-CV, a new tool that combines cognitive modeling
with ACT-R and state of the art computer vision (therefore act-CV) using
OpenCV.

ACT-CV gets its visual input from the computer screen or a video camera.
Analyzing is done using OpenCV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCV).
Example: If you want to find an object on the screen, you simply have to
provide an image file of this object. ACT-CV will search for the object
and put an adequate chunk into the visual icon of ACT-R's vision module
if the search succeeds.

Running the demo (Windows):
 * download and install ACT-CV
 * start Lisp and load ACT-R
 * load "act-cv-demo.lisp" from ACT-CV's installation directory
You should see two windows coming up, one showing a part of your
computer screen with red lines in it, and another titled "attended
location" that shows where ACT-R looks while a simple cognitive model of
visual search is running.

Prerequisites:
You must have Java installed on your computer. This should already be
the case for everybody.
ACT-CV has been tested on Windows and Linux, using Allegro CL and SBCL.
It should work with any Lisp variant that can run ACT-R.
Both the new and the old vision modules of ACT-R are supported.

Download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=214599&package_id=258681&release_id=572627

ACT-CV is an open source project, we encourage everybody to take part in
the development. You can take a look at the code here:
http://act-cv.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/act-cv/

ACT-CV homepage (with documentation):
http://act-cv.sourceforge.net/

Greetings