[ACT-R-users] A Post-Doctoral Position is available at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

Hongbin Wang Hongbin.Wang at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Apr 30 10:31:18 EDT 2008

A Post-Doctoral Position is available at University of Texas Health
Science Center at Houston

A post-doctoral position is available in the School of Health
Information Sciences (SHIS), University of Texas Health Science
Center at Houston (UTH). The group’s main research interests are in
the area of cognitive science. Taking an integrated approach
(behavioral, functional neuroimaging, and computational modeling), we
study issues related to human attention and decision-making. A few
currently on-going projects include: a) Modeling human spatial
cognition, where we want to understand how the brain and the mind
acquire, represent, and use spatial information, and develop
psychologically plausible computational models; b) Understanding
human attention, where we explore how different types of attention
operate distinctively as well as interactively, and how we may
exploit the taxonomy to affect human performance; and c) Uncertainty
management, where we are interested in understanding how the brain
and the mind perceive and process probabilistic information and risk,
especially in the context of decision-making and game theory.

You are welcome to join us if you have a background in cognitive
psychology, neuroimaging, computer science, mathematics, biomedical
signal processing, or related disciplines, and are interested in
integrated empirical and computational modeling research. The lab
possesses EEG and eye-tracking equipments. We locate in Houston Texas
Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world. To apply or
for more information, please contact Dr. Hongbin Wang via email at
Hongbin.Wang at uth.tmc.edu.