[ACT-R-users] Fwd: Research Fellow- Cognitive modelling of clinical tasks

Wayne Gray grayw at rpi.edu
Thu Oct 11 22:59:46 EDT 2007

FYI.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Farah Magrabi <f.magrabi at unsw.edu.au>
> Date: October 10, 2007 20:32:35 EDT
> To: <grayw at rpi.edu>
> Subject: Research Fellow- Cognitive modelling of clinical tasks
>
> Dear Wayne,
> David Kieras suggested that you could help me reach potential
> candidates for a Research Fellow position currently available at
> the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
>
> I would very much appreciate if you could forward this advert to
> your network of Cognitive Modelling folks.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Farah
>

> Using cognitive architectures to model error in clinical task
> automation
> Researcher/Research Fellow
> Faculty of Medicine, Centre for Health Informatics
> University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
>
> FIXED TERM - Salary Range: Researcher - Level 6 AU$56K- AU$60K;
> Research Fellow - Level B AU$70K- AU$82K (plus up to 17% employer
> superannuation plus leave loading), depending on qualifications and
> experience. This salary includes a superable UNSW academic loading
> of $3,000 per annum payable to academic staff (pro rata for
> fractional academic staff).
>
> We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic researcher with
> demonstrated experience in high-level computational modelling as
> Researcher or Research Fellow within the Centre for Health
> Informatics to participate in modelling and simulation of cognition
> and error associated with automation of complex clinical tasks.
> Cognitive error models will be developed and applied in designing
> novel computer interfaces for clinical systems that are safer and
> more tolerant of human error and system failure.
>
> The Centre for Health Informatics is Australia’s largest
> internationally recognised academic Health Informatics research
> group conducting fundamental and applied research focusing on the
> design, evaluation and application of decision-support technologies
> for healthcare and the biosciences. The Centre is a
> multidisciplinary environment, and the researcher will have
> considerable opportunity to work with domain experts and acquire
> background knowledge in clinical decision support.
>
> The successful applicant will have a background in psychology,
> engineering, mathematics or computing science with substantial
> experience in computational modelling and simulation of processes
> in psychology, systems safety, engineering, computer science or
> healthcare. The applicant will also require knowledge of research
> experimental methods and have excellent oral and written English
> communication skills.
>
> This is a fixed term appointment for 2 years with the possibility
> of extension depending on future funding. A part-time appointment
> may be considered. Membership of a University approved
> superannuation scheme is a condition of employment. The successful
> applicant may be required to undertake a criminal record check.

> [...]

**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**
Wayne D. Gray; Professor of Cognitive Science
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Carnegie Building (rm 108) ;;for all surface mail & deliveries
110 8th St.; Troy, NY 12180

EMAIL: grayw at rpi.edu, Office: 518-276-3315, Fax: 518-276-3017

for general information see: http://www.rpi.edu/~grayw/

for On-Line publications see: http://www.rpi.edu/~grayw/pubs/
downloadable_pubs.htm

for the CogWorks Lab see: http://www.cogsci.rpi.edu/cogworks/

If you just have formalisms or a model you are doing "operations
research" or" AI", if you just have data and a good study you are
doing "experimental psychology", and if you just have ideas you are
doing "philosophy" -- it takes all three to do cognitive science.

**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**Rensselaer**