[ACT-R-users] ACT-R hits the high street

Bonnie John bej at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 9 15:22:37 EDT 2007

While not quite as exciting, the US House of Representatives recently
resolved that modeling is a National Critical Technology. Don't you feel
special?
Bonnie

H. Res. 487
In the House of Representatives, U. S.,
July 16, 2007.
Whereas the United States of America is a great and prosperous Nation,
and modeling and simulation contribute significantly to that greatness
and prosperity;…

Whereas modeling and simulation frequently complements or replaces
experimentation where experimentation is hazardous, expensive, or
impossible, thus providing far greater capability than experimentation
alone;…

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
(1) commends those who have contributed to the modeling and simulation
efforts which have developed essential characteristics of our Nation;…
(4) recognizes modeling and simulation as a National Critical Technology;…