[ACT-R-users] Production satiation (UNCLASSIFIED)

Ion Juvina ijuvina at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 15 11:47:07 EDT 2007

here is my 2 cents: a production's utility decreases when that
production fires frequently in a sequence of productions that leads
to very small rewards. so, all we need to do is make sure we have a
"competitive" production there, that is, a production that
contributes to getting higher rewards.

example: a "ride-a-bike" production could lose the competition in
favor of a "drive" production if the environment favors speed and
safety. however, the "ride-a-bike" production can still win when the
environment favors health and losing-weight criteria.

ion