[ACT-R-users] Fellowships in Cognition and Decision Making

Schooler, Lael schooler at mpib-berlin.mpg.de
Fri Nov 10 05:00:21 EST 2006

Hello, The Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition will have
fellowships available in the Fall of 2007 (see add below).  It would be
great to get applications from people with ACT-R experience. If you
think you may be interested, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
I'll be in Houston next week.

Best,

Lael

Postdoctoral Fellowships and Visiting Graduate Fellowships IN COGNITION
AND DECISION MAKING -- The Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition at
the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin, under the
direction of Gerd Gigerenzer, is seeking applicants for up to 3 two-year
Postdoctoral Fellowships and up to 2 one-year Visiting Graduate
Fellowships beginning on or after September 1, 2007. The Visiting
Graduate Fellowships are intended for students currently enrolled in
graduate programs.

Candidates should be interested in studying the cognitive mechanisms
underlying bounded, social, and ecological rationality in real-world
domains. Current and past researchers in our group have had training in
psychology, cognitive science, economics, mathematics, biology, and
computer science to name but a few. The Center provides excellent
resources, including support staff and equipment for conducting
experiments and computer simulations, generous travel support for
conferences, and, most importantly, the time to think.

For more information about our group please visit our homepage at
http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/en/forschung/abc/index.htm or write to Dr.
Lael Schooler (fellowships at mpib-berlin.mpg.de).  The working language of
the center is English, and knowledge of German is not necessary for
living in Berlin and enjoying the active life and cultural riches of
this city. We strongly encourage applications from women, and members of
minority groups. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more
handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.

Send applications (consisting of a cover letter describing research
interests, curriculum vitae, 3 letters of recommendation, and up to five
reprints) by January 10th, 2007 to Ms. Wiebke Moeller, Center for
Adaptive Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human
Development, Lentzeallee 94, 14195 Berlin, Germany.