[ACT-R-users] Perception and Motor

Robert St. Amant stamant at csc.ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 13 11:16:44 EDT 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Dan Bothell wrote:

> As for seeing, there was a project called SegMan being developed
> by Robert St. Amant which was looking to provide a general image
> processing system that would allow for visual information to come
> from "any" window, but I don't know too many details or the current
> status of that project at this time.

I wish I could say that SegMan can be downloaded and run without
difficulties in ACT-R 6 and any version of Windows, but we haven't
had the funding to make the system bullet-proof.  In its current
state, it's best viewed as a proof of concept.  (We're still using
it, internally, but I think it's ripe for re-engineering.)  For
Windows-specific interaction, Jan Misker's work might also be
helpful; his system bypasses the kind of image processing that SegMan
does in favor of direct access to Windows-internal objects.

Rob St. Amant