[ACT-R-users] Openings for a PhD Student and for a Postdoctoral fellow.

Schooler, Lael schooler at mpib-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Jul 11 11:37:28 EDT 2006

Hi, Here is a job announcement that I hope will be of interest.

Lael

The Independent Junior Research Group "Neurocognition of Decision-Making" (Head: Dr. Hauke Heekeren) has openings for a PhD Student and for a Postdoctoral fellow.

We are located at the Berlin Neuroimaging Center and the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin, Germany. We are a young, interdisciplinary team investigating mechanisms of decision making in the human brain. Our goal is to relate formal models of information processing to neurophysiological data in the context of perceptual decision-making processes. We will therefore employ a combination of psychophysical methods, functional and structural neuroimaging (MRI, MEG, EEG, simultaneous EEG-fMRI), and computational modeling.

The PhD candidate should have an interest in cognitive neuroscience. The postdoc applicant should have a background in cognitive neuroscience and experience with fMRI/MEG/EEG-research.

The positions are open from 1 August 2006 onwards until they are filled.

For further information please contact

Hauke Heekeren, MD, PhD
Berlin NeuroImaging Center & MPI for Human Development
Independent junior Research Group "Neurocognition of Decision-Making"
Lentzeallee 94
D-14195 Berlin
Germany
heekeren at mpib-berlin.mpg.de <mailto:heekeren at mpib-berlin.mpg.de>