[ACT-R-users] Preliminary workshop schedule

Niels Taatgen taatgen at cmu.edu
Thu Jul 6 09:40:28 EDT 2006

I hereby send you a preliminary schedule for the ACT-R workshop. Note
that this means that we can still shift some things around if needed.
If you have submitted a talk, make sure it is on the schedule and
send me an email a.s.p. if you are not on there or if I have
misspelled your title or name.

We will make informal proceedings of the workshop. For every talk we
have up to six pages in the proceedings, which you can fill with your
abstract, your slides, a paper, or any combination of these. Send me
a pdf-file (formatted for US-letter) of your proceedings contribution
on or before Monday 17 July, and give it your name as file-name
(e.g., anderson.pdf, anderson1.pdf and anderson2.pdf if you have
multiple contributions).

I look forward to meeting you all at the workshop!

Niels Taatgen

Friday

8:15 Welcome

8:30 Five talks (20 minutes each)

John Anderson, A new utility learning mechanism

Perception

Glenn Gunzelmann, Representing Human Spatial Competence in ACT-R

William Kennedy & Grag Trafton, Representing and Reasoning about Space

Greg Trafton, Raj Ratwani & Len Breslow, A Color Perceptual Process
Theory: Letting ACT-R see Colors.

Mike Byrne, An ACT-R Timing Module based on the Attentional Gate Model

10:10 Break

10:30 Five talks

Memory

Richard Young, Random Walks in Learning to Distinguish between
Confusingly Similar Stimuli

Leendert van Maanen & Hedderik van Rijn, Memory Structures as User
Models

Jong Kim, Frank Ritter & Richard Koubek, Learning and Forgetting in
ACT-R

Communication and Learning from Instructions

Mike Matessa, Four levels of Communication, Error, and Recovery in ACT-R

Angela Brunstein, TBA

12:10 Lunch

1:30-5:30 Leabra tutorial and discussion (with 3-3:30 break)

  Evening: Party

Saturday

8:30 Five talks

Multi-tasking and Control

Duncan Brumby & Dario Salvucci, Exploring Human Multitasking
Strategies from a Cognitive Constraints Approach

Dario Salvucci & Niels Taatgen, An Integrated Approach to
Multitasking in ACT-R

Andrea Stocco & John Anderson, The Neural Correlates of Control
States in Algebra Problem Solving

Erik Altmann & Greg Trafton, Modeling the Timecourse of Recovery from
Task Interruption

Jon Fincham, TBA

10:10 Break

10:30 Six talks

Individual differences

Niels Taatgen, Ion Juvina and others, A Hybrid Model of Attentional
Blink

Daniel Hasumi-Dickison and Niels Taatgen, Individual differences in
the Abstract Decision Making Task.

Ion Juvina, Niels A. Taatgen, & Daniel Hasumi-Dickison, The Role of
Top-Down Control in Working Memory Performance: Implications for
Multi-Tasking

Model validation

Glenn Gunzelmann & Kevin Gluck, Model Validation and High Performance
Computing

Hedderik van Rijn, Complex model validation by multi-level modeling

Terrence Steward  & Robert West, ACT-R versus not-ACT-R:
Demonstrating Cross-domain Validity

12:30 Lunch

1:30 Five talks

John Anderson, Dan Bothell, Christian Lebiere & Niels Taatgen, the
BICA project

Modeling/Architectural issues/Tools

Jared Danker, The Roles of Prefrontal and Posterior Parietal Cortices
in Algebra Problem Solving: A Case of Using Cognitive Modeling to
Inform Neuroimaging Data

Robert St. Amant, Sean McBride & Frank Ritter, An AI Planning
Perspective on Abstraction in ACT-R Modeling

Simon Li & Richard Young, ACT-R ALMOST provides a formula for
predicting the rate of post-completion error

Christian Lebiere, TBA

3:10 Break

3:40 Future of ACT-R

Sunday

9:00-10:40 Five talks

Reasoning/problem solving

Adrian Banks, The Influence of Belief on Relational Reasoning: An ACT-
R Model

Complex tasks

Michael Schoelles, Wayne D. Gray, Vladislav Veksler, Stephane Gamard,
and Alex Grintsvayg, Cognitive Modeling of Web Search

Éric Raufaste, ATC in ACT-R, a model of Conflict Detection between
Planes

Shawn Nicholson, Michael Byrne & Michael Fotta, Modifying ACT-R for
Visual Search of Complex Displays

Shawn Nicholson, Michael Fotta, Rober St. Amant & Michael Byrne,
SegMan and HEMA-SI

10:40-11:10 Break

11:10-12:30 Five talks

Emotion

Frank Ritter, Sue Kase, Michael Schoelles, Jeanette Bennett & Laura
Cousino Klein, Cognitive Aspects of Serial Subtraction

Robert West, Terrence Steward & Bruno Emond, Modeling Emotion in ACT-R

Danilo Fum, Expected values and loss frequencies: A new view on the
choice process in the Iowa Gambling Task

Visual perception and Search

Troy Kelley, Visual Search

Mike Byrne, A Theory of Visual Salience Computation in ACT-R

Niels Taatgen - Carnegie Mellon University, Psychology, BH 345E
Also (but not now): University of Groningen, Artificial Intelligence
web: http://www.ai.rug.nl/~niels     email: taatgen at cmu.edu
Telephone: +1 412-268-2815