[ACT-R-users] Job opening in Cognitive Modeling

Niels Taatgen taatgen at cmu.edu
Wed Sep 28 10:45:33 EDT 2005

Postdoctoral or Research Programmer in Cognitive Modeling at Carnegie
Mellon University

We are looking for either a postdoctoral researcher or a research
programmer for a NASA project titled "The representation and learning
of instructions". This three year project has been running for a
year, and we are looking for someone to strengthen the team. The goal
of this project is to extend our understanding of learning from
instructions for complex skills in real-world tasks. More
specifically, we want to create a model that can learn to execute
procedures that are used in Aviation and Space Exploration. The work
in the past year has focussed on the Flight Management System (FMS)
of the Boeing 777, which we want to further extend. The project
involves programming simulations of the FMS that can be used in both
experiments and model simulations, the collection of human data in
experiments, and the development of models.

Requirements are either a Ph.D. (for a postdoc position) or a MSc.
(for a research programmer position) in cognitive science, computer
science or cognitive psychology. We are especially looking for people
with some experience in cognitive modeling, experimentation and
programming.

To obtain addition information, contact Niels Taatgen (co-PI,
taatgen at cmu.edu) or John Anderson (PI, ja at cmu.edu).

Niels Taatgen
Carnegie Mellon University, Psychology, BH 345E
web: http://www.ai.rug.nl/~niels     email: taatgen at cmu.edu
Telephone: +1 412-268-2815 (CMU) +31 50 3636435 (RUG)