[ACT-R-users] ACT-R Workshop registration date: May 31st

John Anderson ja+ at cmu.edu
Wed May 25 07:53:38 EDT 2005

Colleagues:

This is a reminder that May 31st is the"official" deadline for
registration at the ACT-R Workshop (July 15-17, Trieste).  To
register, visit the web site

http://www.theoffice.it/actr05

The highlights of the the meeting will include a presentation by Nick
Chater on "The scope and limits of Rational Explanation" which should
give us some perspective reflecting on the origins and future of the
ACT-R theory.  The conference will also include a session on "ACT-R 6
and Beyond" in which Dan Bothell will officially present ACT-R 6 to
the community (it is being used for Summer School this year) and we
will have some discussion of future directions.   In general, we hope
to gather some sense of future direction from this workshop.

Three things expire with the deadline -- the reduced registration
fees, the guaranteed hotel rates, and the deadline for proceedings
contributions.  With respect to the last item, I suspect May 31 is a
little imprecise as a deadline.  Also with respect to this last item
of presenting at the workshop, I remind you that as always we are
informal -- a short statement of intention is all that is required
now and later you will be invited to submit 6 pages that can just be
your slides for publication in the proceedings.

Also, now is the time to invite community members to send suggestions
for symposia.

John R. Anderson
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213