[ACT-R-users] Post-doc at CMU

John Anderson ja+ at cmu.edu
Sun Feb 20 22:09:27 EST 2005

Greetings.

I am looking for a post-doc to join me in our working on modeling the
learning of algebra.  We have been collecting both behavioral data
and brain imaging data trying to track out the learning of what
constitutes first year high-school algebra in America.  The ultimate
goal will be to have a simulated student that interacts with the same
software that students do and that learns the curriculum in the same
way.

The candidate would be joining a large research and well-resourced
group where we are pursuing many interesting questions relevant to
learning and the ACT-R architecture and would play a significant role
in guiding the direction of the algebra project and in the direction
of the group more generally.

The ideal candidate would have a Ph. D in a related area and a
working knowledge of ACT-R.  The appointment would be one year and
may be renewed annually.  Past post docs have tended to stay 2 or 3
years.   Start date is flexible and may begin at any time between now
and September.

Feel free to contact me for more information.

--John

John R. Anderson
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213