[ACT-R-users] Post Doc at Skill Acquisition Lab

Dr. Stephanie Doane sdoane at doane.psychology.msstate.edu
Wed Jan 22 18:57:10 EST 2003

Hello!

I am looking for a post-doc to join me and seven very bright graduate
students in the Skill Acquisition Laboratory in the Department of
Psychology at Mississippi State University in Mississippi State, MS.
We have several grants investigating human cognition and action in
dynamic task environments.

Resources at the Skill Acquisition Lab include Sun V880 servers, Sun
blades, G4 Macintoshes, Dells, ASL Eye Trackers, FAA approved PCATD
flight simulators and the usual I/O devices. MSU has internet 2
ethernet connections. Additional resource and project information is
available on line at http://doanelab1.psychology.msstate.edu.

The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Computer
Science, or Psychology. The candidate also will have knowledge of the
C/I or ACT-R architectures of cognition and experience or interest in
computational cognitive modeling, eye tracking, and the design and
analysis of empirical studies of human cognition and performance.

This is a one-year appointment that may be renewed annually for a
total of three years. Applications will be reviewed immediately and
will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date is any
time between now and August 2003.

Mississippi State University (MSU), located in a pleasant sun-belt
community, is ranked in the top 57 public Universities in terms of
annual research funding.  MSU is located in a small college town that
is approximately 15 miles W of Columbus Mississippi. It is 2.5 hours
W of Birmingham, AL, 2.5 hrs SE of Memphis, TN, and 2.5 hrs NE of
Jackson MS. Housing is affordable, winters are warm, the Noxubee
Wildlife Refuge is 15 minutes away, and we are in close proximity to
many outdoor recreation areas (e.g., water skiing in the Tombigbee
Waterways).

Please feel free to contact me if you desire any additional information.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

--
Dr. Stephanie M. Doane, Professor