[ACT-R-users] PM-Question

Wolfgang Schoppek Wolfgang.Schoppek at uni-bayreuth.de
Fri Oct 11 08:15:38 EDT 2002

I'va a question concerning buffer stuffing: Does buffer stuffing
autonomously command a movement of attention and subsequent encoding?
I always thought it wouldn't do that, but now I encountered a
phenomenon that looks like autonomous attention movement: The model
does central cognition processing when the visual environment changes.
The change makes the visual module "busy" which triggers the
production "wait-for-free". When visual modle is free again, it
returns a new encoding of a visual object, which was never commanded.
The new visual object disturbs the normal proceeding of the model. The
described effect occurs only sometimes and I haven't found any
contingencies yet. Please, see attachment for a trace and the relevant
production rules.
-- WS
Dr. Wolfgang Schoppek          Universitaet Bayreuth
 Tel.: +49 921 554140
 http://www.uni-bayreuth.de/departments/psychologie/wolfgang.html