Virus Alert: Goner

jpeters at rhsmith.umd.edu jpeters at rhsmith.umd.edu
Wed Dec 5 07:55:07 EST 2001

----- Forwarded by James Peters/Bmgt on 12/05/01 07:54 AM -----

                    Grace Russell
                                         To:     FacultyMailingList at Bmgt,
                    12/04/01 03:40        AdministratorMailingList at Bmgt,
                    PM                    StaffMailingList at Bmgt, Lecturer Mailing List at Bmgt,
                                          PhDLecturerMailingList at Bmgt
                                         cc:     (bcc: James Peters/Bmgt)
                                         Subject:     Virus Alert: Goner

To:  The Robert H. Smith Community
From:  The Office of Information Technology

This virus that attacks Windows systems has hit systems at the
university and is spreading fast.  At this time, it looks like the
virus comes in an email message with the following characteristics:

Subject:  Hi

Message Text:
How are you ?
When I saw this screen saver, I immediately thought about you
I am in a harry, I promise you will love it!

If you receive such an email, do NOT open the attachment!  If you do
open the attachment, do not reboot your machine until the virus has
been cleaned.  Otherwise, it will attempt to delete programs on your
hard drive.  More details will be forthcoming from the following
website:  http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/alerts/virus/goner.shtml

This message was sponsored by the Office of Information Technology.
For further information, contact the OIT Help Desk at 301-405-1500 or
visit our website at:  http://www.oit.umd.edu/helpdesk