Two Questions for everyone

Troy Kelley tkelley at arl.mil
Wed Mar 29 09:41:30 EST 2000

Alex Petrov <apetrov at andrew.cmu.edu> on 03/28/2000 11:19:38 PM

To:   Troy Kelley <tkelley at arl.mil>
cc:
Subject:  Re: Two Questions for everyone

> I have already collected the error data.  But I will not let
> myself see the actual errors in the data ...
> ... I cannot "tweak" my parameters to fit my error data,
> because I do not know what my final errors are going to be.

-Excellent methodology!!!  We should all be doing the same.
Journal reviewers should insist on that. Alas, it is not the
usual practice at all...

Thanks.  It is also very challenging.

> I have my cycle time set to 50 ms, and if my calculations are
> correct, I would need 20,000 50ms cycles to equal 1 second.

-20 cycles, not 20 thousand. You will find out that your model
constantly runs out of time.

Right.. I was thinking 50ms ment millonths of a second, not thousands of a
second.

Thanks...