variabilization of slots

Tina Schorr tisc0006 at stud.uni-sb.de
Tue Mar 14 05:10:52 EST 2000

I try to model some activation-based proceeding in the working on a task
where the solution of the task should be held in one single chunk. The
mentioned activation should result from external cues (reading text files).
Depending on the kind of the last notified cue there will be a binding of a
part of the answer on a certain slot. Now the problem is that I am looking
for some way to variabilize slots in the production specification. This
would allow to use one production for this mechanism.
Is there any way to do so? The only way I can see at the moment is to write
some nearly identical productions where only the explicitly given slot
varies. So, the response on the kind of the cue will be the use of
different productions instead of only different bindings. But that doesn't
seem to be a really elegant solution.

Thanks for help,
Tina

Tina Schorr
Sonderforschungsbereich 378: Ressourcenadaptive Kognitive Prozesse
Fachrichtung Psychologie der Universitaet des Saarlandes
Postfach 151150, D-66041 Saarbruecken          =20

Katharina Scheiter
Graduiertenkolleg Kognitionswissenschaft
Fachrichtung Psychologie
Universit=E4t des Saarlandes
Postfach 15 11 50
D - 66041 Saarbr=FCcken