reviewer comments about cognitive modeling

Lynne Reder reder at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jul 8 08:16:23 EDT 2000

Chris,

Have you seen the recent paper (just published) in Psych Review by
Roberts & Pashler?
That paper is definitely anti-modeling and is a perfect starting
point of issues to
address.  Much of what they say is reasonable--it is only the invited inference
that is not, viz., that it is better not to model than to model.

--Lynne