ACT-R and Neural Nets

Troy Kelley tkelley at arl.mil
Fri Apr 28 14:32:04 EDT 2000

Hello Everyone,

I am attempting to tie neural nets to ACT-R (and perhaps SOAR) for a
project I am working on called MINDSS (Modeling and Integration of
Neurological Dynamics with Symbolic Structures).  The project is becoming
very high profile and I have access to our supercomputers here at the Army
Research Laboratory to do the MINDSS work.

Anyway, my questions are:

1) As anyone out there had any experience with NeuralWare Software?
2) Can anyone recommend general neural net software that generates portable
code (C or LISP)?
3) Are there "hooks" in ACT-R that would let me link a neural network to it
and is there documentation for this?
4) Am I crazy?

Thanks,
Troy Kelley