Question from a novice

Nathan Brannon nbrannon at cs.wright.edu
Fri Apr 21 09:43:08 EDT 2000

I've been evaluating a supervisory control task and translating user
strategies into production rules (written in plain english).  As I was
preparing the rules I noticed certain situations where I would normally
use the conditional expression IF-THEN-ELSE. In my short relatively short
time working with ACT-R, I've only seen a condition and action
(IF-THEN).  I suspect there is a good reason why this is the case and so
I was hoping someone could help me understand alternatives to
IF-THEN-ELSE expressions in ACT-R.  Although one route is through
generating more rules, this seemed to be a more cumbersome approach.

Thanks!

Nathan G. Brannon, MSE
Ph.D. Candidate
Biomedical, Industrial, and Human Factors Engineering
Wright State University
BIE Dept. / 207 RC
Dayton, Ohio  45435
Ph: 937.775.5044 or 937.775.5152