ACT-R environment on the web

Daniel J Bothell db30+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 22 11:29:10 EDT 1999

ACT-R users,

    We are testing out a new way to make ACT-R available for modeling
and want to know what you think of it.  We are working on implementing
the ACT-R environment as a web based utility.  The environment runs
on our server and all you need is a web browser to use it.  This is a
very early test of the system, so it is still pretty rough, but with
your feedback, we will work to make it a useful tool for ACT-R modeling.

    The server can be accessed from a link on the ACT-R web page
(http://act.psy.cmu.edu) or directly at: http://128.2.248.57/.  The
first time you connect you need to create your username and password.
All of the models you create will be associated with that username,
so if you want to return to a model you need to use the same name.
After you log on, you will get a web page with the link to the
environment at the top and some brief directions on how to use it
as well as a list of some of the current bugs.  If you have any
questions or problems using it please let me know.

    If you try it out, please let us know what you think about it,
so that we can work to make it better for everyone.

Thank you,
Dan