(Fwd) ACT & LISP

Wolfgang Schoppek wschoppe at osf1.gmu.edu
Fri Dec 10 15:13:46 EST 1999

Hello Stefani,

> I want to include some calls to LISP-functions in the model I'm
> working on. The psychological plausibility of these remains to be
> discussed another time; right now I have some technical questions:
>
> a)  where do I define the LISP-functions called for in the model ? Is
> it possible to write them directly in the MISC-window while editing
> the project ?

Yes.

> Or is it better to define the functions in a LISP-file
> and load the file before each model run ? (how) ?

This might be better, if your LISP code is quite large and you don't want
(or need) to load it each time you reload your model. Files can be loaded
with the programming environment or with the funktion (load ...).

> b) where do I write the scripting-extension-code ? (question is
> analogous to a))

Same answer as above. I would write it in the misc window since it is
closely related to the model (using the same symbols).

Tschuess,
-- Wolfgang
 Dr. Wolfgang Schoppek                <<< Tel.: +1 703-993-4663 <<<
 HUMAN FACTORS & APPLIED COGNITION PROGRAM, George Mason University,
 Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
  http://www.uni-bayreuth.de/departments/psychologie/wolfgang.htm